Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Skinfood: Salmon Brightening Eye Serum Review

I got this, Salmon Brightening Eye Serum, weeks before I ran out of its cream sister, Salmon Brightening Eye Cream. And yes, I bought off the mall store.



I got this at the same price as its cream sister, at P2,150 (that’s roughly $51.03) and the same amount of product - at 30ml. I know I could have bought it off the internet, but it's an eye product and I can't take my chances. I will only buy this off the internet when I've tried it beforehand so I'd know if it's the real thing or not.

The only difference when I bought this versus the cream version is that I now have my membership card, and got the serum less its mall price.

Skinfood claims that this:

Containing arbutin and the extracts of Omega 3-rich salmon roe produced in Hokkaido Japan, this eye serum brightens and relieves dark circles around the eyes. 

So why does this product stand very tall and fat? It's because the serum comes in a pump bottle.

For those who are particular in dipping their hands in their skin care products would love this. Two disadvantages off this design are 1) you might not get every last drop (but mostly Skinfood's pump bottles does give you every last drop), and 2) you don't know if you're running out of it.

It dispenses a flesh colored lotion, opposed to the cream's off-white color. They do smell the same - rosehip oil like. Reminds me of their Rose Cheek Choc #2 Rose Peach. Either that or my nose needs some tweaking. One thing's for sure, it didn't cause me to sneeze, it's very subtle (I sniffed this last night with under the influence of my allergies and it still didn't agitate it further).  Note that the one dispensed above is from an almost full pump.

See how much that small dot can produce? The serum is definitely more lightweight over its cream sister. Younger skins would like this. This is moisturizing less the heaviness. This one is also much cooler when applied and massaged on skin. Oh and of course, this doesn't cause milia.

Results-wise, the cream is more effective. This did lighten my panda eyes, but not as much as what the cream did. Mind you, I used practically the same nightly regimen as with the cream. Similar with the cream, expect results after prolonged used. Hey, they both have the same description and props to them for doing as such.

Will I buy this again? Yes, if I can't find another good eye cream. But this time around, I'll purchase it with its cream sister when I do get the budget. And when I finish my Avocado Rich Eye Balm. It's so hard to finish that thing!

On my next purchase, I might try the Platinum Grape Cell Eye Cream. If I can stomach the price. >.<

Have you tried this? Please do share what you think.

For those interested with the ingredients, I'm sorry I can't provide it in English. Here's the ingredients in Korean:

2 comments:

  1. Aw, this was a very nice post. In thought I want to put in writing like this additionally – taking time and precise effort to make a very good article… but what can I say… I procrastinate alot and not at all seem to get one thing done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I try to squeeze my time to post. :) It helped me a lot that I have a lot of pictures in file, for editing and stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete