Sunday, July 8, 2012

The Face Shop: Phyto Powder in Foam Cleanser - Charcoal Review

During my search for a new facial cleanser, I remembered one of my friends mentioned about Face Shop's Charcoal cleanser. So one day, I found myself in one of their branches purchasing a tube of it.

Image



This cleanser houses 170ml worth of product for a price of P395 (roughly $9.43). Since I got it in the mall, the price is somewhat higher than its actual price in S. Korea. So you might get a better deal if purchased from online sellers.

Upon dispensing it from the tube, you'd get a grayish substance. I don't find the color pleasing to use.



See? What did I tell you? But if you look closely, you'd notice that there are extremely tiny black beads. These melt right away when you massage it onto your face. You'd barely notice these beads upon use.



The foam cleanser lathers up quite nicely, so a little amount of the product goes a long way. It is slightly scented, but not overwhelming like Etude House's Happy Tea Time Facial Wash. If you're sensitive to scents, you might want to think about it - it has this citrus-y scent going on. If you've used Etude House's  Black Head Heating Scrub, it somewhat smells the same but Face Shop's scent is lighter.

After washing off the foam, it leaves your skin soft and a little squeaky clean feel. Dry skin types may want to moisturize a little after using this.

Once I finish this tube, I might not get another one. It didn't do wonders unlike it's older foam cousin, Brightening Rice Water Cleansing Foam (Migamisu). I've been using this tube for almost 2 months, and it gave me 3 annoying bumps. I'm actually contemplating if I'll finish the tube or just give it away to the other folks in my house. There's still a lot of product left in the tube. *Sigh*





Here's the back of the tube for those interested to know the ingredients. Mind you, it's in Korean.







Life had caught up on me again so I can't get the chance to write an entry in a span of 2-3 months. I'm really trying to get myself to post one, but my blogging time is split with my writing and drawing time for our comic. Gomen Nasai! Oh, and I'm searching and experimenting for a very good formula in writing these reviews, so please spare me on my writing style. At least I got one product down. Still have 95 products to go. XD



Thoughts? Comments? Share them below! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment