Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Tony Moly: Berry Berry Lovely Slim Lipstick in Pink 01 Review


I know I've been out for the longest time. And I'm not entirely sure when I will resume my regular updates and reviews. We finally had our weekend (just Sunday, but hey, good enough).  So how have you been? What I did at my only day-off after going to work for 13 days straight (and coming home extremely late for 7 nights) was go to Bonifacio Highstreet in Taguig. I went to Muji with my little boy, mom and little brother. Mujji has skin care and make-up (and yes, I bought something)! I'll show you their pamphlets on a later date. We also ate sushi and drank milk tea at Red Kimono. But more of that in a different post.



I think I mentioned in an earlier post that I've passed by Tony Moly and picked up a few items. One of them is the Berry Berry Slim Lipstick in Pink 01.
I know, I don't need another lip item in my collection. But I just gotta have this color. I don't have pink yet. And the packaging is to drool for!


Plus, it was the last piece at the store, and I need to get P1,000 to get a prize. Talk about pressure!



Tony Moly didn't say much about this lipstick. Either that or I just can't understand it. Click here for details in Korean. There are apparently 5 colors, but I've only had seen 3 of them in the mall store here. And they have this very, very cute packaging. I got mine for P228 ($5.50). Not bad. 
That's not where you open to get your lipstick. That's just the very cute end of the item. Isn't it so pretty?
One thing I find very interesting about this item was its width. It's so darn thin! Imagine how many swipes you need just to cover you lip. Its mechanism works the same with ordinary lipsticks, twisting the neck so the lipstick would come out.


This lipstick is actually scented. It smelled like, well, berries. The sweet kind (but not the icky sweet kind). Those sensitive with scents might opt this one out since the smell lingers even after application. I honestly don't like the smell. I find it too sweet and fragrant for my taste. 
Upon application, it has minimal color pay-off but not buildable. It is quite subtle on my dark lips. Those with lighter colored lips would love this more than I do. It made me look horrible. Or I just don't know how to wear pink lipsticks like some people. 

Wear time? Very little. It's not your hardcore lipsticks. This one lasts 4 hours max. But if you tend to lick your lips (btw, it has this synthetic berry taste), it won't last you that long. 


This is a good lipstick to those who are starting out their journey in the make-up world, but definitely not a keeper for those who have tons of lip colors. 


I may buy the other colors and might give this one I have another try. I would really like to love it since it's so pretty packaging-wise but... But... I have tons of lip colors and last long ones. Just lucky that I don't have one in pink so I get to keep you. 



Alas, pink doesn't go well with me. Tangerine, Coral and Red does. Sigh! But I want to be good with pink too.



How about you? Crazy for pink lip colors?




There isn't any ingredients found with this lip stick, but here's the back anyway. In case you can understand Korean.


On other items. I finally had started to use  Floria Flower Energy Foam Cleanser. So far, nothing bad is happening to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment