Sunday, November 4, 2012

Majolica Majorca: Lash Expander Frame Plus Review


Hello! As of this writing, it's 2:35 AM of Nov. 4. Yeah, writing a review way too early for the next day. That's how dedicated I am. Kidding aside, I really can't sleep and what better way to spend my time but to catch up with backlogs. I know I've been posting so many random thoughts lately. I guess there's just a lot of things in my mind.

On to the review!


Mascaras intrigued me. How can some paint on the eyelash make any difference at all? I can understand concealers, eyeshadows, blushes and lip colors... But mascaras?
Until I met Majolica Majorca's Lash Expander Frame Plus.
And I even bought it less the price. Bonus!



Majolica Majorca is a sister brand of Shiseido, targeted to the younger people. Even the price, it's actually cheaper compared to the big sister. 

This was an accidental find. One of my colleagues wanted to purchase this off a discount site, but she needs to get at least 3 to avail the free shipping. So I joined in. I got this for only P399 ($9.72), that's pretty cheap. I think I got it 50% less. I don't know what it claims since the entire thing is written in Japanese. 
What I love the most about this one is the packaging. It came in with a box, which I'll show later on, and a very sleek tube of mascara. It has a very elegant logo at the tip of the holder. 
The brush is like a tiny comb. It's found only at one side. For beginners like me, it's a little challenging since you need to hold it up right to your lashes.
What surprised me the most is that what I got is actually not black, but sparkly dark blue. With fibers. How weird is that? I was merely expecting just color, but with fibers? It has this subtle chemical scent, so not good news for those with sensitive noses.

Wear time, it lasted me until night time. And even before I remove it, it was still there! It did give me a hard time to remove it and I needed to use  my dual remover from Skinfood to get it out, still with tugging. But what I don't like is that it clumps after application and it's a little heavy on the lids. It really fees like I have something on. 

But even with the disadvantages, I did see the difference without it. It made my eyes look defined and it stirred attention away from my panda eyes. Which is even a greater plus!


Do I recommend this? I'm a 50-50 at this one, because it made my lashes clumpy. :( But it did a good job at convincing me that mascaras are something I should take a look at. And I believe it's going to be a start of a beautiful friendship with Majolica Majorca.


What about you? What are your thoughts on mascaras?



For those interested in the ingredients, I'm sorry but I cannot give it to you since all of the things written on the box is in Japanese. If you can understand Japanese, take a look below. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment