Friday, February 22, 2013

Tony Moly: Shiny Foot Peeling Liquid Review



Because of my slippers weekend habit, and slippers all day in Boracay, my feet became dry and rough. It also gave me cracked heels. I thought of scrubbing it, but scrubbing just make it hurt. So the thought of using peeling liquid crossed my mind. Then again, anything peeling-related scares me. I have skin allergies and was diagnosed with skin asthma when I was a child. Now, it occurs only on specific occasions but not as horrible as when I was younger.


My mom actually was the one who introduced the concept of peeling liquid. And as of this writing, she had tried it twice. She saw it in some show few months back, and inquired to me about it. So I got her the one (from Tony Moly also), with the disclaimer, "I haven't tried it myself so I'm not entirely sure if this brand is effective or what." I guess she was happy with the results that's why she asked me to buy her another set. And that's when I had the courage to buy one for myself.
???????????????????????????????
Will this work? I'm pretty anxious to find out.

***WARNING: This is going to be a long post/review. Brace yourself. Don't say I didn't warn you. Oh, and from the disgusting peeling foot photo.


These foot peeling idea is more popular in Asia (specifically in Oriental Countries). I guess it's because they want to achieve the soft, baby-like foot skin. Just like the one in the picture of the box. Now, why Tony Moly? It's because as of this time, it's only that brand that has this kind of product in their mall store.


Tony Moly says about this:
FRONT: Special foot masks with skin smoothing and moisturizing ingredients present fresh and supple feeling on the foot's skin
BACK: Shiny Foot Peeling Liquid is a foot treatment product that was specially developed to take care of foot roughness
Directions: Please read the instructions thoroughly before applying.
  1. Put Foot Sheets on your feet
  2. With scissors, cut open the pouch containing the peeling liquid along the dotted lines and pour the liquid into both sheets (20ml each).
  3. Keep both sheets on your feet and wait until your foot skin absorbs the liquid. (it takes approximately 1 to 1.5 hours)
  4. After waiting fo about 1 to 1.5 hours, take off the sheets and wash your feet until the peeling liquid is thoroughly rinsed away. Dry your feet after washing.
  5. In 4 to 6 days, the dead skin cells will naturally start falling off from your foot. DO NOT try peeling them off forcefully. Wait until all the dead skin cells naturally fall off, then you will feel no irritation or discomfort. You[r] will have smooth and soft feet in about two weeks.
???????????????????????????????

So this means, 1 box (includes a pair of baby-foot looking packaging with the peeling liquid and a pair of sock-like pouches) equals to 1 use. A box costed me P398($9.76, approx). It's kinda terrible that it's good for 1 use only given the price. But you might get it a little cheaper from a friend or relative staying in S. Korea.


BUT before you do anything on your feet, it is important you do the SKIN TEST METHOD especially if you have sensitive skin or skin allergies! A guide is provided inside the box to show you how, but I will post it here anyway.
???????????????????????????????
Skin Test Method:
  1. Dispense a small amount onto a cotton swab or a cotton ball. 
  2. Smear onto your feet.
  3. Leave it on for bout 20-30 minutes, and check to see if there are any abnormalities
Some caution items you need to note (found within the guide also)
  • First-time users or people with skin allergies or sensitive skin must perform a skin test before use to see if there is any abnormal skin reaction (rach, itc, etc.)
  • Do not use this product if you have cuts, boils or eczema.
  • Do not use this product if you have diabetes or bleeding wounds.
  • Stop using this product immediately if skin rashes, swelling, or itching occurs
  • After applying this product on your foot, the skin can become temporarily weak, so avoid excessive activity or scratching your skin.
  • After opening the product, use it as soon as possible. Do not share it with other people.
  • Do not try to remove calluses when the skin on your foot swells.
  • In the case of old calluses, one-time use of this product may not remove all of the calluses. We recommend that you apply this for a second time after 28 days.
  • This product works better after taking a bath or soaking your feet.
  • Do not take this product internally.
Phew! That's a mouthful. In any peeling product, it is important that you go thru these so that you'd be guided on some key items. Jumping right in (unless you're not a first-timer) might bring you awful results. When I finally had the free time to use this, I realized that I had a small cut on my left foot. Awww... Must postpone this session in another day.



After 9 days, I'm finally a-ok to use this, plus my schedule also permits me to sit for 2 hours (including the skin test) and do absolutely nothing. I have skin allergies and after reading these items, I'm even more scared. So I have no choice but to go thru the skin test.


I did try pouring a little onto my left foot, since I'm too lazy in getting a cotton swab. I waited for 10-15 minutes to see any reaction and so far, none. SO I jumped right away!
???????????????????????????????
This reminds me of those booties they give you before going in a lab, to ensure you're not bringing in germs and stuff.


???????????????????????????????
Showing you where your foot should go and where the liquid is poured.

Once you start pouring the liquid contents in the bootie, you will definitely notice the hint of alcohol but it's not bothersome. The scent kind of reminds me of acetone, but a few notches better. As for the liquid color, it's transparent. And has roughly the same viscosity with water. It also felt quite cool/cold on the feet. So after both feet well-soaked with the liquid, you then wait. Wait for 1.5 hours. I did the maximum since I want to make sure I get the results I want. 

After the 1.5 hours, I washed it off. My feet looked much like a prune, of course doing nothing but be soaked for 1.5 hours! One thing I did notice right away was my feet felt kind of thick, and I don't know why. This feeling dragged on for a week.



???????????????????????????????
My right foot, after a week of soaking. 

After 1 week, I can feel and see my foot skin starting to peel off. But as the days go buy, my feet peeled more skin exponentially. It was kind of gross. I walk with my shoes and slippers, and after removing them I see peeled off bits of skin. I sit down with my feet crossed under my legs and when I'd stand up, I'd see peeled off bits of skin on my chair. Trying to peel it off was fun but not recommended since it hurt. 



After almost 2 weeks from soaking, I can clearly see the difference. It wasn't the baby feet as advertised, but it was definitely better. 3-4 notches better. I had barely any calluses on my toes and my cracked skin on my heels was mostly gone. My rough, thick parts of my feet from wearing slippers in Boracay was now better.



So should I recommend this? For the adventurous, slipper wearers like me, why not give it a whirl? But if you think you have sensitive skin, KEEP OUT. 



This peeling stuff has a stronger version, but I rather keep myself away from it. I'm still not confident enough to try it. But probably next time I try to do this to my feet, I'd probably go to the heel option only. It was my main problem after all.



Now, to keep my nice feet skin moisturized. Where is that cream?




How about you? How do you feel about peeling your foot skin?





For those interested with the ingredients, click here! But for those who'd rather see it less analysis, check it out below.
IMG_0014

???????????????????????????????




No comments:

Post a Comment