Saturday, July 20, 2013

Etude House: Silk Scarf - Hologram Hair Serum Review

Don't you just hate it when your hair is all frizzy and has this off scent when it's already noon? I had that in mind when I got Etude House's Silk Scarf Hologram Hair Serum.

IMG_0115Or was I just putting out reason to buy this? 


Etude house says: Specially formulated with oil complex and floral scent, this anti-frizz serum creates exceptional shine while sealing the cuticle with a moisturizing layer. Directions: Distribute evenly throughout clean, towel-dried hair, concentrating on the ends. Use within 12 months after opening.



I got this the same time I bought the shampoo. Why? I just thought I need some anti-frizz just because I don't have one yet. I got mine for P348 (around $8), which isn't that bad. If you ask me how much ml it contains, I frankly don't know since either the print is too light to read or it's not printed at all. But I did replace it into a smaller container (70ml)  since the bottle is too big, and there were definitely some excess left in the original bottle.
IMG_0121The hair serum is housed in this pink translucent plastic bottle with a bronze-colored pump. The pump works perfectly which is good. I had a fair share of bad experiences with pumps, but this one works like a charm.
IMG_0123
The serum is has this very thick consistency. It definitely have fragrance too! I smell like those girly- children perfumes housed that would be housed in a pink plastic jar (floral, powdery pink). You really can't count on me to know the exact notes. So sorry! All I can do is give you a mental picture of what it closely resembles to. In any case, the ingredients is available below to aid you on what it should smell like. Hehehe. If you are sensitive to scents, you may want to think twice on this one. The scent lingers very long and it is noticeable. But I love the smell - it's not strong nor too floral. It's soft for my nose and relaxing. No allergic reactions here (sneezing). 


Once applied, you will notice that it really puts your hair in place. My hair is straight - too straight sometimes, and very fine. It's at mid length to long, and it takes around 3-5 full pumps to cover it. But when my hair used to fall a little past and on my shoulders, 3 pumps is fine. It made my hair look soft, shiny and provided good emphasis on my hair color (my hair is black since I was born). 



Sounds too good to be true right? But few hours later, I find my hair rather oily than it should. I normally put this on around 7-8AM when Iam in the office, and by 5-6PM, I find it oily. So those who have really oily hair may need to step back, but those with drier hair might want to give this product a whirl. I don't mind the oily-ness since I do have dry hair at some occasions, so this is still within my range of tolerance. But do note that sometimes the oil on your hair, especially on areas that touch your face all the time (aka bangs), might give you acne, so be very careful.

IMG_0125
See how oily it is on skin?

Sorry, no photos on hair. It's rather tough making your own hair photos when you have mid-length hair!


Will I recommend this? With a price like that versus the content, scent and performance? Of course! But those who have really oily hair an sensitive to scents might need to rethink the purchase. But for the rest of the population like me, it's a good deal. And mind you, the size of the bottle will really last you a long time. I still have some left (but I don't use it every single day) to my dismay. I hope I finish this soon so I can move on to my next anti-frizz serum!



Oh and my officemate loves this too. 





How about you? Would you buy this?






For those who are interested in the ingredients, click here! But those who want to view it minus the analysis, check it out below.
???????????????????????????????


In other news, I just signed my promotion paper yesterday! Woot! So happy! On the flip side, they will be expecting more from me. Nooo!!!!! I guess I have to start filing my leave for August soon. So they'd stop plotting some meetings.




I hope my little boy gets well soon. Barely had sleep last night because he was really, really feeling horrible. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment