Tuesday, July 10, 2012

St. Ives: Apricot Scrub - Brightening Review

One of my HG (Holy Grail) Scrubs/Facial Wash for the longest time, say almost 7 years, is the Apricot Scrub of St. Ives. And I think I've mentioned this previously also.



Imagine, 7 years for this stuff! This was the second facial wash I've tried. I first saw this scrub from a good friend of mine back in highschool. She was raving about this stuff, and so is one of my teachers. After a few days, I bought my first tube. And the rest was history.

I can't exactly remember the price, I think it's around somewhere between P200-P300. This houses 170g of product, so it's not that bad. But not as dirt cheap as Etude House's Happy TeaTime Cleansing Foam series.

Since it's in a form of a tube, those germophobes might find the packaging good. You might need to dispense a little more than the norm to get a good coverage on your face.



It doesn't lather as much as those S. Korean facial washes, but it does its job at scrubbing.



Perhaps, too well. You see those beads? They don't melt. And they will be scrubbing your face each time you massage. Smell-wise, there's this faint smell I can't put my finger into. But it's not bothering nor smells heavenly. They don't give that squeaky clean feel after use.

People with sensitive skin should stay away from this product. For those interested, rethink since it's really abrasive. After 6 years of use (1-2 times daily), it gave my lower cheeks some sort of small bumps, almost rash like. So I had to stop using it. And that's where I started to venture out to try new products for my face. But hey, at least it didn't give me acne.

Am I still buying this product? After a few months, I found myself returning to it but not using it as frequent as before. The back suggests to use it 3-4 times a week. But I only use it like 1-2 times a week, sometimes every other week.

This may be a good body scrub, but still, take this advice with a grain of salt.



For those who want to view the product ingredients,click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment