Thursday, October 4, 2012

The Face Shop: Rice Water Bright Cleansing Foam Review


Since I've been too lax this week with my posts, I will give you a special one today. And it's not part of my backlogs. I'm not lazy, really. I've just been sleeping late and been busier than usual with work.


The Face Shop released a new line, to replace the Brightening Rice Water (Migamisu) line, which they named Rice Water Bright. Doesn't sound much different, right?

The SA said to me that The Face Shop just repacked it. Right. But this review isn't about comparing the old to the new just yet. So don't get too excited.


Here's what The Face Shop has to say about this:
Natural Brightening Solution with Rice Water
Soft, creamy lather provides gentle cleansing that last during cleansing

Ok.... The second line is very confusing.
I got my cleansing foam for P445 ($10.70) in mall stores. It only comes in tube form, containing 150ml of foam. Now, you'd probably get this cheaper from a friend or relative in S. Korea. I'm not quite sure with online resellers, but I hope this provide you as a guide to how much it shouldn't cost when you go online shopping. Like most cleansers, when you purchase this, it's wrapped in plastic, and the mouth of the tube is sealed with an aluminum-colored cover.
The cleansing foam is milky-white. It has this subtle fragrance that those with sensitive noses may not appreciate. I don't mind the smell nor loves it to bits. I like it a little, and it doesn't irritate my nose.
Like most Korean cleansing foams, it lathers very well. A little can cover a lot on your face. After wash, it doesn't give you this squeaky clean feel. Some would like this, especially the dry skinned ones since it doesn't strip you off moisture and yet cleanses you very well. But that's the part I want in a cleanser - squeaky clean feel. I noticed it lessened my whiteheads when I massage it further on my face.

Yes, it does still sting on the eyes so you'd better watch out in washing near that area.

Did it cause me pimples? Not really, but it didn't prevent much in my oily T-zone. Either that or I'm really, really stressed lately. I currently have 2 bumps on my face. Extremely oily skin people may want to think more in using this.

Oh, it did brighten my skin a little which is ok. But it definitely made it soft and smooth to touch! I love poking and squeezing my cheeks lately since it's so soft and smooth.


Will I buy this again? I'm not quite sure. If I can find a better foam that actually prevents me from getting pimples, then I may not.


Will I recommend this? If you're into milky foams, normal to dry skin and not sensitive to scents, yes. It brightens your skin, makes it soft and smooth without giving you that squeaky clean feel. But if you're like me who loves that squeaky clean feel and combi skin, you might want to think before getting this.  Oily skinned people should really think more prior purchasing this.


I'm really having mixed feelings about this. I'm at the verge of cutting my tube in half to get every last bit of this foam. I want to love this for its brightening, soft and smooth effects given the quantity and the price. Though I have to admit that this is a good cleanser on colder, drier months. Not sure for winter since we don't have it here.


Just wait for my incoming review: this cleanser versus its predecessor.



For those interested with the ingredients, click here! But for those who'd just want to view it less the analysis, check it out below.

No comments:

Post a Comment