Friday, July 27, 2012

The Face Shop: Brightening Rice Water Cleansing Foam Migamisu Review

After using Etude House's Happy TeaTime Peach Tea Cleansing Foam as an alternative facial wash to my St. Ives Apricot Scrub - Brightening for almost a year, I decided to stop using it. It had been giving me pimples. So I went on looking for another foam, and I found Brightening Rice Water Cleansing Foam Migamisu.
Will you do good to my skin?


This product intrigued me since I've been using the make-up remover from the same line.

The Face Shop claims that:
Formulated with traditional rice water once used by women of the Korean Royal Court, this whipped cream deep cleansing foam clarifies and brightens skin without dehydration. 

How to use:
Work into a rich lather and gently massage over face and neck. After rinsing thoroughly with warm water, finish with a cold water rinse. 


I bought this from their mall store for P445 (roughly $10.57), and similar to the Skinfood, their mall prices are quite high as compared to it original price in S. Korea. So if you know anyone from Korea, better ask them to buy one for you. Each tube has 150ml of the product.

There are many items from this line such as cleansing water, cream, emulsion, etc.

 
Brightening Rice Water Cleansing Foam Migamisu only comes in tube form. So for those particular with dipping their hands into the product would love this. But in order for you to get every last bit of the product, you'd have to cut this open. Which I did.


When dispensed from the tube, it comes in milky white color. It has a subtle, lovely smell that didn't cause me to sneeze. Actually, it even smells better than Skinfood's Milk Mania Cleansing Foam which smells like almost spoiled milk.

It lathers up well, just like any Korean Facial Foam. After wash, it gives you this squeaky clean feel. I also noticed that after I massaged it a little more into my face, it lessened my whiteheads as compared to its Charcoal Foam Cleanser cousin.

One dislike about this cleansing foam is that it stings on the eyes.

One major plus: it prevented me from having pimples or those darn hard red bumps (even when it's that time of the month).

Will I buy this again? I just did after I had finished my first tube. I don't mind the high price from their mall stores, since this one:
    Doesn't make me sneeze
  • Smells nice
  • Cleans some of my whiteheads
  • Prevents me from getting any acne
  • Convenience (no need to wait for almost a month just to get one)


I love this foam!


I think I might have found my new HG cleansing foam.


Am I seeing a happy ending already?


Sadly, The Face Shop stopped producing this line. They reintroduce it as Rice Water Bright Cleansing Foam. If you searched their international site using the keywords Rice Water, it will lead you to just the Rice Water Bright Cleansing Foam. And that's what they've been restocking in their mall stores. The SA said they're just the same, they just repackaged it. I beg to differ. I actually bought both, and found some differences in their ingredients.

And that's the reason why I've been emphasizing the "Migamisu" here in my post over and over. This is so you'd be able to differentiate the new line (Rice Water Bright ..)  from the old line (Brightening Rice Water... Migamisu).



So for those interested with the ingredients of Brightening Rice Water Cleansing Foam Migamisu, Click here! For the benefit of those who just want to read the ingredients sans the analysis, I've posted it below.







I have yet to try the new line before jumping to any conclusion. For now, I should stock up with the old line while supplies last.

No comments:

Post a Comment