Monday, April 29, 2013

On Cooking: An Explanation

I'd just read my previous cooking entries, and my face went like this:

Image courtesy of Stoonn at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
There's a blogging lesson there, I'm sure.

So: I've started getting serious about learning how to cook, which this series will chronicle (Oh God did I just use that word?), notes and kitchen mishaps and all. And maybe -- just maybe -- also motivate the aspiring home cook who reads this blog (anyone there? Helloo?), even anyone with Aspiring Home cook in their future. Show you What Not To Do, at the very least.

Now we have Lesson One, which my yaya would approve of but I in my uninformed-ness hadn't been able to see: Cooking Methods > Recipes, because "if you cook a Recipe you cook one thing; if you apply Basic Cooking Methods, you cook all things." Just because you know 1+1=2 does not necessarily mean you know how to add.

No comments:

Post a Comment